Friday 31 January 2014

January Favourites

I keep meaning to do this post and then so much keeps cropping up. I have had such a busy month – I had an essay to get in and everything got a bit mad at work. Our bedroom ceiling also collapsed in earlier this month so I have been trying to get that sorted, as well as contributing to Miss Mint which I am having to work into my timetable.

So sitting down and writing a favourites post kept being put off! But it is the last day of January so when is a better time to do this :)

FOOD AND DRINK

I have been loving a lot of food and drink this month, which isn’t good because I am meant to have joined the masses in the ‘January Diet’ and instead I can’t get out of Christmas eating mode.

I have become addicted to this drink, it is coming up a close third to Coke and Cream Soda. If you haven’t tried it you really should. I love bubbles but they also do a non bubbly version if they dont make you happy.


I have also developed a slight love affair with Sweet and Salty popcorn. These little nuggets of goodness make me wiggle my toes with glee. Popcorn goes far too quickly in my opinion.



MAKE-UP

FINALLY after months of waiting I have managed to get my sticky little fingers on a Naked 2 Palette, but now I am faced with a dilemma. It’s so pretty I don’t actually want to use it.





MUSIC

I have discovered a new favourite band and they go by the name of Clean Bandit. I love their mix of classic, electro with a dash of pop thrown in. There new song just hit number one in the charts but I am loving Mozart's House and have been listening on repeat.

Mozart's House - Clean Bandit

Rather be - Clean Bandit


WEBSITES

No Surprises here - I have to champion Miss Mint. If you haven't gone and have a look please do, because it's pretty and full of fun things to read and well I write 2 columns, The London Monologues and Wanderlust,  so you have to go and look! 


FASHION

I have been fully embracing anything with long sleeves and to the knee when it comes to dresses because it is just too cold. I love this dress from Dorothy Perkins as it ticks both those boxes and is full  of gorgeous colours. There are loads of winter floral dresses available at the moment.


And those are my January Favourites! Hopefully next month won't be as crazy and I will be able to spend a little bit more time posting on here. I hope you have all had a good start to your 2014! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment