Sunday 28 September 2014

September Favourites

I can't believe we are on September Favourites! With only a few months (88 days) to go before Christmas we are getting very close to the end of the year which really does mean that the years fly by quicker the older you are!

Now on with the proceedings!

Music

Learning to Fly - FKJ

I feel like I might be a little bit late to join the party with James Blake's 'Retrograde' but it was played on a new show Leigh and I are watching called The Leftovers and I love it! The song. Not so sure about the programme yet....


Don't even get me started on alt-j's 'Every other freckle', I have listened to this song on repeat and I adore the lyrics! I also love that their are two different versions of the video which are really quite clever - make sure you watch both types. The link to the male version is below:


Books

The Secret Place by Tana French has FINALLY broken my bad reading spell and made me want to keep reading the book in every hour that I had which I haven't found in a novel in a while. As a murder mystery I expect there to be some twists and turns and I wasn't disappointed by this. I would definitely recommend giving this a read.

Fashion

I LOVE that it is coming into winter and I can start to wear all the rich reds and greens again. Here are a couple of pieces I have picked up this month:

Dorothy Perkins have a 30% off sale at the moment on all stock and Free Express Delivery on a basket over £30 so I took advantage of this! Sale ends at midnight!



Home

I picked up this adorable little chap earlier in the month and I just couldn't leave him in the shop. Perfect for every door stopping need!


Leigh has been asking me to get some kilner drinking jars for a while now and who am I to refuse a reason to go shopping?! I like the Cheers on these as it's a little different from plain jars.


Food/Drink

Chai Tea Latte has become my new favourite hot drink. I'm not really a hot drink fan but this is just bloody lovely and autumnal.

What do you get when you cross a doughnut and a muffin?

Duffins. Yes that's right. Duffins.They are just a little bit tasty if not very good for you!


Pesto Houmous is also a new discovery for me and I'm glad that I have found it because I could just eat tubs and tubs of it,


Quite a few favourites for the month! I love sitting down and writing about everything I've loved for the month, I hope you've like reading it :)

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment